Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A cool poem by a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianjose

Hi everone,
Enjoy this poem, it's really cool ;):

Today I Got a Valentine
from everyone but Kay.
But that's alright...
I never liked her that much anyway.

She never trades her Oreos.
She isn't good at catch.
She doesn't like my favorite bands.
Her socks don't often match.

She doesn't play computer games.
She wears her hair in braids.
She's something of a teacher's pet
and always gets good grades.

She dots her i's with little hearts.
She's always reading books.
Whenever I'm around, she gives me
such confusing looks.

But, oh my goodness, here comes Kay,
and what is this I see?
It seems she has an extra special
Valentine for me.

It's big and red has the words
"Will you be mine today?"
I always said there's no one else
I like as much as Kay.

I just remember a poem written by an African Kid. This poem was nominated by the UN as the best poem of 2006.

When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black

And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me colored ??

I just remember a poem written by an African Kid. This poem was nominated by the UN as the best poem of 2006.

When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black

And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me colored ??

Yah,,,Yah....funny!

No, not funny, profound.

Personally, it was very thought invoking and I will remember it because of it's profound nature.

Why do you find it funny?

Mike.

I think it was funny and Profound at the same time.

What's Black and Blue all over?

A white guy that told to many Black Jokes.

Now that's Funny:D

I think it was funny and Profound at the same time.

What's Black and Blue all over?

A white guy that told to many Black Jokes.

Now that's Funny:D

Nope, didn't find that funny either. :confused: Maybe you can explain it?

Mike.

You replied to a post to someone else rather than the post I made to you. Please answer my question to you. Why was it funny?

I am not trying to drag you into anything but am curious why you found if funny. And your yah,,, yah... , made it seem dismissive.

Mike.

Nope, didn't find that funny either. :confused: Maybe you can explain it?

Mike.

Disclaimer: Not to defend Black or White I just don't like Dumb / Ignorance.

My Wife is Black and I'm White. When a guy at my work starts in on racial jokes without a care.

He belongs to the KKK Aryan Nation. When I told him the joke, he didn't think it was funny.

Meanwhile, I laughed my ass off as well as the Hispanics in the room there at the time. (knowing him)

Later that year, he kept at me. Always coming up with a big Slap on my back saying how's it going today. Until one Morning before I was not awake yet and not responsible for my actions, he hit me the hardest with the intent to intimidate.

I went off as I'm not easily intimidated. Putting him in an arm lock and the beating began.

He went crying to the Boss telling him I Bashed him. The Boss did nothing he knows I don't take **** from people like him.

I'd do it again. Saying **** is one thing ( I can take it all day long with no slander from me but, put your hands on me and you might just die.)

After that he threaten to Shoot me. Sniper Style. I said.

While looking him in the eye's I move very close to his face and said, If you don't kill me.....................................

There is no place on the planet I won't find you.

I won't miss.

See what I mean? Like I said. Don't drag me in no race war.....but the gov't.....well, that's a different story ;)

I didn't go looking for the war it found me. Sometime White or Black your caught in the middle and you don't know why you just come out swinging if you don't they will.

Disclaimer: Not to defend Black or White I just don't like Dumb / Ignorance.

My Wife is Black and I'm White. When a guy at my work starts in on racial jokes without a care.

He belongs to the KKK Aryan Nation. When I told him the joke, he didn't think it was funny.

Meanwhile, I laughed my ass off as well as the Hispanics in the room there at the time. (knowing him)

Later that year, he kept at me. Always coming up with a big Slap on my back saying how's it going today. Until one Morning before I was not awake yet and not responsible for my actions, he hit me the hardest with the intent to intimidate.

I went off as I'm not easily intimidated. Putting him in an arm lock and the beating began.

He went crying to the Boss telling him I Bashed him. The Boss did nothing he knows I don't take **** from people like him.

I'd do it again. Saying **** is one thing ( I can take it all day long with no slander from me but, put your hands on me and you might just die.)

After that he threaten to Shoot me. Sniper Style. I said.

While looking him in the eye's I move very close to his face and said, If you don't kill me.....................................

There is no place on the planet I won't find you.

I won't miss.

You should read the above and reconsider who is racist. You told a racist joke. You then went on to describe how you beat up a "racist". Sorry guy, you are the racist on this thread.

BTW, I didn't find your racist joke funny (I hate racists). Gonna come beat me up? Oh, forgot, you hate racist jokes and beat people up because they say them. Wow your mind is really messed up. Better go beat yourself up.:confused:

Mike.

How can he be a racist if he is married to a black lady??? B-R-O-T-H-E-R... Now we have to cut this crap out! Cease Now!

Last edited:
When it comes to skin colour, I am colour blind.

Personally I dont give a toss what colour a guy is on the outside, its what he like on the inside.

Let me re-word one of my posts. Both of you guys are loved around these here parts, Pommie and Killivolt and you two are like fixtures as long as I remember. So both of you have a little more on you than most. You got reputations to up hold.....(Look at me, now I'm a moderator)(more lake a ding-a-ling). Anyway that's how I see it.

Better go beat yourself up.
.[/QUOTE
Nope, I just want to survive racist or not call it what you will.

If you've been in this position before I accept your criticism, maybe I did handle the situation wrong.

I tried very hard to get this guy to get along with me. I actually kinda of like him and couldn't understand his motives.

He never let on until one day.

When I said in a closed room. I asked why can't I get along with you. Whats the deal.

His answer, I just don't like people like you?

Wha? I don't like people like you. Later on at a burial site that year when a casket displayed the confederate flag. Of a member I didn't know was until then. ( Which he proudly display's on his visor in his car)

I went back to him. He confirmed it.

Then the tormenting increase along with the support of other fellow members ex-paramilitary. If you think that's not threatening then I hand it to you, Pommie.

Your a better man than me.

Last edited:
So, why, if you hate racism, did you post a racist joke?

You dropped down to their level!!

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back