Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A BEAUTIFUL Machine (FRC TEAM 494)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

This is our robot, team 494's Robot. It could easily be called a work of art. Hand made by myself and members of the robotic's team, we placed 3rd out of 48 teams this weekend at St. Louis (wed-sat). It operates amazingly well too!

Comments please :)

Attachments

• 02-18-08_0018.jpg
    02-18-08_0018.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 354
Looks really cool! Does it play "fetch" with the big blue ball?

Of course! It can lift it 6 and 1/2 feet in just over a second and can grab the ball and suck it in in under a second. It is a very fast and high quality robot.

very nice, krummy. ;) How about a run over of how it all works?

How about posting a video?

We were in Missouri, about 1000 miles away from my vid camera :D

Besides its all packed up and on its way back up to Ypsilanti MI.

Here is a most recent image from the St. Louis Regional. This is what it looks like :D

pfft its team 70 which lost to US in the quarter finals :D

(remember we have 2 teams 70 and 494 :D)

Attachments

• team 70.jpg
    team 70.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 250
Krumlink,

Looks like you have done some really nice stuff there. Do you have a link to the competition site.

Mike.

Congrats on your robot, it looks pretty sweet! The team I helped mentor, Team 381 Trenton Central Highschool built a racing robot for the competition. Figuring that there are only two balls to manipulate, we left that up to the other two robots in the alliance and went for getting as many points from doing laps as possible. In the end it worked out, 1st place at the Trenton NJ regional. Hopefully we'll see your team at the national championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back