A 3020 Ic ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMoffett

I have several 8-pin DIP IC's, new in a tube, that have no idea what they are. The label is "A 3020" and looks like they were manufactured 48th week of 2006. Anyone?

Ken

Attachments

• A-3020.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 791
I have several 8-pin DIP IC's, new in a tube, that have no idea what they are. The label is "A 3020" and looks like they were manufactured 48th week of 2006. Anyone?

Ken

hi Ken
I have been trying to identify the manufacturers logo.? at end of lower number of ic,,, cant see it, but thought you have better luck.. 3 pages...

**broken link removed**

Most IC's don't need UL labeling. Given that, 3020 is the root number of a common opto-TRIAC. The manufacturer's logo looks like a tiny picture of **broken link removed**. Only thing wrong is, the MOC3020 is six pins.

Last edited:
Most IC's don't need UL labeling. Given that, 3020 is the root number of a common opto-TRIAC. The manufacturer's logo looks like a tiny picture of **broken link removed**. Only thing wrong is, the MOC3020 is six pins.
ther are some 8 pin dip 3020 numbers but they start with 2 letter prefix

btw, i felt there appears a logo like thing on top left if one can magnify the image !!! let Kmoffett observe it and identify if there is one

Under a microscope that little mark to the left of the "6" is a circle, with a raised ring inside it, with a round bump in the middle. ??? No real detail other than that. I looked through Eric's logo list (great list, bookmarked). The only ones that looked close were Hitachi, Lucent Technologies (closest), and United Technologies Microsystems.

More info but probably no more help: I just checked the bottom of the IC and there is indented circle with an "H" above a "325" inside the circle.

Ken

please try a close portrait we might get details. whether it is HITACHI ?

yeah that list is wonderful , and i also thank Ericgibbs for that

Last edited:
OK, this about as close as I can get. There looks like there may be a "bar sinister" across the circle. Think the planet Saturn in a circle?

I'll go back and look at the logos again.

Ken

Added: OK nothing jumps out for me.

Attachments

• A-3020-Logo.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
OK, this about as close as I can get. There looks like there may be a "bar sinister" across the circle. Think the planet Saturn in a circle?

I'll go back and look at the logos again.

Ken

Added: OK nothing jumps out for me.

I was asking in the area marked in green ellipse in attached png image. However the supplier from where you had these could perhaps have a datasheet

Attachments

• A-3020.PNG
    527.9 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
I blew it up photo in the are you've circled, and there's nothing there. If I knew or could find out who it was ordered from the problem would have been solved already.

Ken

I blew it up photo in the are you've circled, and there's nothing there. If I knew or could find out who it was ordered from the problem would have been solved already.

Ken

**broken link removed**
A3020 Datasheet
Number:
A3020
Quantity:
Manufacture:
AGILENT

Description:
TOSHIBA PHOTOCOUPLER GaAs IRED & PHOTO-TRIAC
Inquiry and Buy A3020 , please click 'add to quote ' and press 'Inquiry'

this is what could get, but the actual datasheet is not there except this info.

Last edited:
You got it! How did you find it? I now remember, a couple of years ago I was working on a PWM circuit, and was trying out different fast drivers.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Ken

mneary's comment about the UL rating narrowed my search to opto isolators. A search for 3020 opto on Digikey turned up very few items in an 8 pin dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…