Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A 00.1 ohms resistor? on a vizio power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8battle1

I've never seen a 0.1 or 0.2 ohm resistor before. It has no color code, has unreadable markings, and has a resistor body and is a color of tan. The circuit board shows a resistor circuit symbol with ID R805. I'm using a fluke 73III mulitmeter.

That value of resistor does exist. They are usually used for sensing current by measuring the voltage drop across it.

Last edited:
Back to the circuit symbol of a resistor printed on circuit board with the ID R805. And how do you post a pic? Tried the insert image. It ask for a url, and it's not from a online site. I can't find schematchics for this power supply.

Last edited:
You can add the image as attachment. Alternatively, upload it to some image hosting service such as imageshack and use the insert image symbol to point to the uploaded image url.

I vote with nsaspook. A zero ohm resistor is used as a jumper wire in a circuit board. They are made like a resistor so the automated board stuffing equipment can put them in.

The best way to post a photo or any forum is like this.

Type this at the beginning of the line **broken link removed**

Copy and paste the http location of the photo between these 2 codes.

clisk post and the photo appears like magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back