Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9V Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickperson

I am taking an introductory course on digital electronics, and all year, we have used a breadboard and we have used a breadboard companion all year for a power supply. Now, for our final project, we are expected to have our own power supply, and I'm not sure how to go about building one. The power supply we have been using is below:

Breadboard Companion - Breadboard Companion

Thank you in advance.

I am taking an introductory course on digital electronics, and all year, we have used a breadboard and we have used a breadboard companion all year for a power supply. Now, for our final project, we are expected to have our own power supply, and I'm not sure how to go about building one. The power supply we have been using is below:

Breadboard Companion - Breadboard Companion

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
Download a datasheet for a 7809 9Volt regulator, from this link.
Use a circuit as described on the datasheet.

Linear Voltage Regulators | Farnell United Kingdom

You could use the LM317, there's a calculator to help you calculate the resistor values on in the tools section of this site.

How are you going to be powering this circuit?

If you're going with mains then you'll need to use a transformer, rectifier and filter capacitor but be careful with mains voltages. You might want to use an enclosed transformer such as the type used to power halogen lighting.

How much current does your power supply need to provide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back