Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9-pin serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudedVision

I am making a project with a microcontroller that interfaces to the computer via a 9-pin serial cable. Can I get a 9-pin serial port that attaches to a solderless breadboard anywhere?

Wait, another question. You were right, I only needed pins 1-5, but the manual of my microcontroller says I need to directly connect pin 6 (DSR) to pin 7 (RTS) Do I need to do this? If I do, the parts from futurlec look like it only includes pins 1-5, so that won't work.

the parts from futurlec look like it only includes pins 1-5, so that won't work.

The PCB adapters from Futurlec do include all 9 pins, the angle of the photo is bad.

the manual of my microcontroller says I need to directly connect pin 6 (DSR) to pin 7 (RTS) Do I need to do this?

Depending on the application (and the programming involved), generally you don't require the other pins.. Consider this project I did a while ago: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back