Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8x8 Single Color LED Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichrispyl

Hello!

I have been searching everywhere for an 8x8 LED Matrix, preferably red. It seems that digikey and mouser are non-stocked, and jameco doesn't even carry 8x8. Futurlec has some bi-color matrices, but I need only a single color. I am planning to do some led touch sensing, and the extra LED may interfere, so I can't use those.

Would anyone have any suggestions or know of other places that may carry 8x8 LED matrices?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

why not use two 5x7 matrixes - commonly found real cheap on surplus sites.

I was never able to come up with a method of interfacing my touch sensing hardware with a matrix wired led array, i've gone back to discretely wired smaller amounts of leds.

with the way the leds are wired in a matrix, basically all in parallel, how do you plan drive your neighboring emitters and read from your sensor at the same time ... you can't stobe or multiplex the emitter, since there will be no light for the sensor to detect, even thought it is not visually apparent to the eye due our persistance of vision.

the led's are wired up with a common column and common row. so with a mcu you can turn on one led, and then the detect with the led in the next row-next column.

yes its a lot of pins taken up on my mcu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back