Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8bit radio signal decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

willtucker

does anyone have a schematic for a decoder to decode an 8bit radio signal with also incorporates a screen (not vital but wanted) to show radio frequency and code? The signal is not encrypted but it is at a random frequency and a string of 8 0s or 1s.

cheers Will

willtucker said:
does anyone have a schematic for a decoder to decode an 8bit radio signal with also incorporates a screen (not vital but wanted) to show radio frequency and code? The signal is not encrypted but it is at a random frequency and a string of 8 0s or 1s.

For a start, try filling your location in - then we might know what country you are in, and what radio system you might be using.

Presumably you are talking about RDS?, but I'm puzzled by the 'random frequency', if it's random it's probably impossible to decode?.

i have found more out about the circuit and it is in fact an Infra red instead of radio signal that i wnat to intercept and i would like a range of 100m. Is this possible? As a result the screen would not need to show the frequency and 8 7-segment displays could be used. (its the UK if its still needed)

willtucker said:
i have found more out about the circuit and it is in fact an Infra red instead of radio signal that i wnat to intercept and i would like a range of 100m. Is this possible? As a result the screen would not need to show the frequency and 8 7-segment displays could be used. (its the UK if its still needed)

You need to know far more information, also infra red is short range and directional - about 10m range is usual for IR remotes, you go go further with the use of optics, but this will limit the beamwidth even more.

im not too sure about decoding but if u absolutely need that distance than you could try setting up repeater stations. what exactly are you using this for. you really do need to know more or tell us more about what u are trying to do in order for us to help you. and the reason the guy wanted to know where you live is so we can keep it legal. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back