Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8085 microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethuraman

Hi friends,
I am new in the field of microcontrollers . I want to know about the functioning and principles behind it.....and then how to implement in the real time projects...

**broken link removed**

Wow you can!

We should send a big box of PIC's over to India. All these old uC are making me laugh.

As noted above, the 8085 is a microprocessor or CPU. A microcontroller such as a PIC or AVR has these additional essential parts built in which you would have to ADD to an 8085 to make it work:
Clock source
RAM
ROM (flash eeprom)
IO ports
Address decoding
In addition to the essential parts above PICs or AVRs usually have:
Timers
ADCs
PWM
UART
I2C
etc......
All on a single chip costing only a few dollars...

Hi all,

8085 is not a microcontroller... it is a microprocessor...

A microcontroller is much easier to use than a processor... just program its flash and interface...

while in microprocessor... you have to interafce ROM memory etc.

Is 8085 still in use...
-----------------------------

very rare... but it makes easier to understand the concepts of intel microprocessors which is must.

can we still buy that...
------------------------------

its 16 bit derivative 80x86 is still available in market and is one of the choice of designers along with motorola's ...

it is good to start with 8051 than going for 8085...

8051 architecture is one of the simple and powerful and has been adopted by many companies: like Atmel ,

Philips , siliconlabs and Dallas

this site is good for 8085...

Regards,

Simran..:)

Last edited:
it is...

PS: it is a better option to go for other 8 bit microcontrollers also like PIC and AVR than going for 8051...

and in microprocessors go for zilog than 8085...

Regards,

Simran..

kchriste more that summed it all up. Thanks kchriste.

Why are there other post? Why am I posting! Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back