Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsinans

hi guys, i m very new to microcontrollers..........i have been doin my research on 8051 for so long and finally i have got the rite project to put my hands on.......i have understood nearly everything abt 8051 except one small thing..............i m working on this stepper motor circuit....this circuit shows a programmer with 6 pins.............now what type of programmer cable ( plz if you could give me a link where in i can see the details of this programmer cable as well)and ISP software should i use there with 8051.......i would use be using keil microvision for the assembler program.....plz help

ps:this doubt arised because i had seen most programmer cable having 9 pins....neva heard of a 6 pin programmer

i have given the required info on the previous post........jus let me know what type of serial port connector do we genrally use for 8051.........i studied on a site that u need a 9 pin connector.....but the circuit that i have has 6 pins in the connector..........so is there any connector/ programmer that has 6 pins at one end or is the circuit wrong....plz help......

Last edited:
i m sorry my mistake........i had not saved the site...so cant load the link......but tell me what connector/controller cable do we need for a 8051........and its pin configuration and the pins of the 8051 that are to be attached to it

ok i read something abt a RS232 and DB9(9pins) and also abt DEC MMJ(6 pin)
now the circuit that i m using shows that few of the pins of 8051 go to a controller and the controller has 6 pins.......so does that mean that i buy a rs232db9 to DECMMJ connector and connect the decmmj pin to my microcontroller and rs232db9 end to my PC...........m i right?????

and by the way i have a rs232db9 to rs232db25 connector wire from an old modem.....is there any way to convert that rs232db25 end to an DECMMJ port so that i dont need to buy any thing

if he's taking about a 6 pin ISP, maybe he's talking about the one on my site

**broken link removed**

if you want to build a programmer this one is simpe, many visitors built it.. wait, wait, wait... i think i recall your name mohsinans.. you left me a mail before right?

hey ibrahim....i luv you for clearing my doubts but tell me one thin.....the following link.....

https://www.mytutorialcafe.com/Microcontroller Programmer 89S51.htm

also has a similar type of programmer but it shows that the end has to be connected to db 25 male.......how is that possible coz the parallel port in my PC has a male connector, so wudnt i need a female connector at the end of the wire..........

ans what abt ur circuit....does that also need a male connector at the end of the wire.......

and the IC that is show in the PICTURES of ur website connected to the db 25........which is that IC...would we need to remove that IC and place the 74ls08 there......plz clear these doubts....thank you

hey i asked a wrong doubt to you.....my PC has a female db 25.....but do clear my doubts abt that IC replacemment...thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back