Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051/89C51 assembler for windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsahmed

After running into nearly a dozen softwares that won't run on Windows 98, I finally switched to Windows XP. To my surprise..... now my Dos based softwares dont work properly anymore, though most of them r not of much use to me anyway, but I cant assemble uC codes anymore since all my assemblers for At89C51 were dos based.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any way to run old DOS softwares??????? Or any assembler running on XP for 8051/8951???????

Even XP has a dos command Prompt..
its under All programs <>Ascessories...
it still wont let you use the parallel port , if that is what you need..
but there are ways around that too..

williB said:
Even XP has a dos command Prompt..
its under All programs <>Ascessories...
it still wont let you use the parallel port , if that is what you need..
but there are ways around that too..

Yup but the command prompt gives error:
An extended memory manager is already installed.
XMS driver not installed.

I tried searching for the solution through software, but all computer forums gave me a rather unanimous reply, "Forget about DOS with XP".

So anyone aware of windows based assemblers?

have you tried compatibility modes? XP (pro at least, i dont know about home) will let you run a program in "compatibility mode", and win95/win98 are options on that list... I heard that at least some programs work when you do that.

It works on mine ...
granted thats as big as it gets , BUT it still works...
try this put your Dos program in C:\
root directry..

Attachments

• dos_p.jpg
    dos_p.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,366
evandude said:
have you tried compatibility modes? XP (pro at least, i dont know about home) will let you run a program in "compatibility mode", and win95/win98 are options on that list... I heard that at least some programs work when you do that.

Yup, nothing works.

eblc1388 said:
Hi Fsahmed,

Try this link:

Win32 console-mode assembler ASEMW.EXE requires a 386 CPU (or better) and Windows 9x, NT, 2000 or XP.

Thanks, its working!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back