Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

8-Digit Numeric LED Display 2015-07-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Gretchev

Forum Supporter
Val Gretchev submitted a new article:

8-Digit Numeric LED Display - A display driver module for 8 digits with only 9 lines.

Sometime you just need a numeric 7-segment LED display in your project. Here is one that is suitable for up to 8 display modules and uses only nine lines to interface to the display. The driver module is connected to the microcontroller with only 3 signal lines. Just add +3.3V and ground and a few external components and you are ready to go. The software to drive the circuit will have to wait for another day.

Read more about this article...

Bad links

How about serial interface?

The chip you will use is a MAX7219 serially interfaced 8-Digit LED display driver chip

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a well known bug. Ask ETO.
Try another method, I have no problem and i am just down the road... Use a hyperlink to google drive or MS share or Dropbox

See **broken link removed**
I have nothing else to post at this time. However, your suggestion of using a link to Dropbox is a good one. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike
I had the boards manufactured in Beijing by PCBWay. They are on their way to me. When I receive them, I will put them together with the components I bought already from Digi-Key. I already have written most of the code but want to debug it with actual hardware before I publish the whole thing. It should be a week or two at the most.
Val

Hello
I am going to be installing about 25 low power (.2W) LED's around deck for accent lighting.

I would like to power them off a single 20W mean well outdoor transformer.
**broken link removed**

I have a lot of older style X10 modules, appliance modules (AM466), motion sensors and the X10 sundowner (SD533) that I usually use for Christmas lighting

I would like to use the sundowner to control the AM466 which the transformer would be plugged into.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions. I'm on a budget and would like to use what I have but would appreciate feedback before I purchase the transformer.

thanks in advance.
-Jomal

I use a surplus laptop charger and match power LED string to voltage and distribute with AWG 16 or 18 wire.
Charger is powered by a cheap programmable timer box.

With 65W avail at 18 or so, I may lose 1 or 2 V after a long path ( AWG 16 better) around the fence, garden and house exterior. This becomes the current limiting resistor

Here I used a 12.0V SMPS with AWG18 along the eaves and AWG 30 to the MCPCB with 4x Cree LEDs each in plastic spray coated cheap $2 Chinese Lanterns all in parallel with no series R.
upload_2015-9-1_22-45-21.png
IMG_1487.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back