Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8-bit time switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnie339

Hi there,
I'm currently doing a project with an ISD 2548 ChipCorder chip, which has 8-bit input address, and I'm wondering if it's possible to switch from one group of 8-bit inputs to another group after a certain time delay, i.e. a switch is triggered which starts the process, the first 8-bit input is read by the ISD, and after a delay of say 1 second, it switches to a second 8-bit input to be read by the ISD.

Thanks for the help

I can't find a data sheet on that chip. I used another version on a project to get 2 recordings. Do you need to change addresses on all 8 lines? I grounded 7 and only switched one (address bit) line. I had two inputs, one just switched the PLAY input (using the starting memory address), and the other switched the PLAY input and one address line, for the next memory segment. A 555 and a transistor inverter could control the address lines.

Ken

Actually, looking back over it, I'll only be using 4 of the address bits of the ISD. These inputs are both coming from counters, and I want the ISD to play the message addressed fron the first counter, the after a delay, play the message addressed from the second one

Only two recordings?

Ken

there'll be more than two recordings. The ISD will play the message which is addressed from the counter output at that time, then after a delay will play the message addressed from the second counter

OK, I think I understand.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back