Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 bit binary to decimal circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbuluran02

hi i'm new on using 74158a ic,and i also have the same dillema of converting an 8bit binary number to decimal i wonder if you could help me anyhow?? i would greatly appreciate your help thanx in advance

Converting binary to bcd is rather tricky without a microprocessor. Here's a binary-to-bcd circuit from an old Fairchild TTL application manual. You may have to find equivalents for some of the parts if they are no longer made.
Serial Binary to Parallel BCD.gif

Another way to do a Binary-to-BCD conversion is to use a binary up/down counter and a BCD counter. The binary number is parallel jammed into the up/down counter. Then the counter is clocked to count down to zero. The same clock is used to clock the BCD counter up from zero. When the binary counter reaches zero, the BCD counter will contain the binary number in BCD format.
Edit: Note that the BCD (decade) counter can be one that directly drives a 7-segment display, such as the CD4033 or the CD40110B, if desired.

Last edited:
hello,
i need 5-bit binary to BCD converter.
i know about it but i can not design 5-bit in proteus.
is there any one help me?
if you can please help me .

**broken link removed**

TTL chips: 74184 BCD-to-binary converter; 74185 binary-to-BCD converter. Simple, easy, you don't need a µP -- trouble is, you probably aren't going to find them anymore since they've gone the way of the 74100.

Another way is to program an EPROM with a look-up table.

i do not know how to design it.
could you please send me the diagram of it?
i mean i do not understand it.
if it is possible send me the diagram of it
i will be thankful if you can help me

i do not know how to design it.
could you please send me the diagram of it?
i mean i do not understand it.
if it is possible send me the diagram of it
i will be thankful if you can help me

hi,
Look at Carl's [crutschow] method using counters, thats nice and easy to do.:)

We are here to help you with a design, not do the design.

If you don't know how to build a circuit with IC counters then you need to learn about them before you start anything more complicated.

i am here to learn not ... . i need tohelp you if it is possible.
i want help me .
i do not know what i must to do.

Well, if you can con someone into doing your work for you, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back