Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74ls193 Down counter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

icefire91

Hi i am testing my 74ls193 and i have it preset to 9. when it count down the numbers are jumping around. Example from 9 to 7 to 0 to 1. Can you guys pls help me.

Not without seeing your circuit diagram.

heres the diagram

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 3,637
I don't have the connection diagram for your display, but I suspect you may not have that correctly connected to the counter. I'd verify that first.

how are you providing the clock for the counter? Maybe you having switch bounce.

I am currently using a switch for the clock. A 3 way switch. One connected to live and the other to ground and the middle one into the DOWN.

Then your problem is likely what Mikebits mentioned. You have switch bounce. That is why the count is random and erratic.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back