Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74LS163 synchronous 4-bit counter help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamer

I have tried reading the datasheet but I dont understand it. The question is "derive suitable tests to explain the operation of the control inputs of 74LS163 which are /CLR, ENP, ENT, /LOAD, A, B, C, D and comment on the results"

please help me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. I have read the data sheet before but I wasn't able to understand. Can u help me out thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I have read the data sheet before but I wasn't able to understand. Can u help me out thanks.
What part do you not understand?

can u write down the test for the operational control inputs of 74LS163 for me. Basically I dont know the test to do. It is for one of my assignment and i really need help.

I have tried reading the datasheet but I dont understand it. The question is "derive suitable tests to explain the operation of the control inputs of 74LS163 which are /CLR, ENP, ENT, /LOAD, A, B, C, D and comment on the results"

please help me. Thanks in advance.

Let's see if I can explain the gist of the question so you can make an attempt at providing the answer yourself.

This is a basic concept of testing any circuit, whether analog or digital. That is, you apply stimuli to the input(s) and test the output(s) for the expected response to the applied stimuli. In order to properly test a device, you must exercise the inputs (hint: look at the truth table and/or timing diagram for the device) in the proper order that will make the device provide the expected response.
The tests should show what happens to the logic elements when the stimuli is applied and stepped through. For this question, I would stick to explaining only the inputs in the question... you don't necessarily need to excercise the clock input.

Cheers,
Dave M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back