74ls04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the sign of an inductive sensor, I have my sensor connected to 12V, when the sensor is activated, the signal is 12V, NPN is a sensor, I connect to this signal to 74ls04 in 5V PNP output have, and would my problem solved.

I called the sign of an inductive sensor, I have my sensor connected to 12V, when the sensor is activated, the signal is 12V, NPN is a sensor, I connect to this signal to 74ls04 in 5V PNP output have, and would my problem solved.

HI,
Dont connect a 12V signal directly into a 74LS IC.
Use a simple voltage divider from 12V to step it down to +5V, make sure when the output of the sensor is zero [0v] the lower value of the divider resistor is low enough to pull the 74LS input to a logic 0, say less than +0.5V.

You can post a voltage divider for my project?

hi,
Try this,
I am assuming your sensor can source [ supply ] into the 1K and 470R a current of 8mA.???
If not let me know.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 299
not! I'll test your circuit .. I'm not English, so I have to translate by google translate, and sometimes the translations go wrong .. : \

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…