Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7490 mod 6 counter reset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexterbla

Hi, I am making a digital clock using HD74LS90P decade counters. For divide-by-6, I grounded R91 and R92, and shorted R01 and R02 with pins 8 and 9, which are the B and C of the output. The output goes to 5, and then starts oscillating between 4 and 5. It works fine when i set it to reset after 10. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Can you post a schematic?

What you show works fine in LTSpice, too.
We have no idea what/where your R91, R92 etc are, but it would seem your hardware isn't wired the same as the schematic. Double-check your layout and actual component pin-out and connections and make sure the correct voltage is at the IC supply pins and has a decoupling cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back