Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7483 full adder has how many gates inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered "7483 full adder" in Google and clicked on first result pdf. It opens with a complete circuit diagram of the 7483 down to gate level.

However, you have to count the gates yourself.

Last edited:
I just really curious about why the questions about number of gates in a 7483 full adder and the internal structure of the 74189 RAM. Why are people so interested in parts which have been obsolete for at least a quarter of a century?

42. Of course.

So the question is- if someone's reputation gets voted into the gutter, is there any way of ignoring them? (Or at least do all the little green boxes disappear so it's easy to tell?)

just a guess, it's a college course question. the instructor is trying to force them to understand datasheets.

philba said:
just a guess, it's a college course question. the instructor is trying to force them to understand datasheets.

And despite the fact that it would have taken just minutes to find the answer in the way the professor wanted him to, he instead wasted significantly more time (both his own and ours) to try and have us do his work for him, while also having the satisfaction of doing his part to clutter up this forum even more.

Every time I get frustrated with posts asking for help on ridiculously simple homework problems, at least I can step back and think that if they can't figure out a problem THAT simple, they will fail out of their electronics courses anyway, and then they won't be back to ask more questions. Granted, there will still be a never-ending stream of very short-lived engineering students... but at least there's a high enough turnover rate that we don't see exponential growth.

it would be really nice if there were some functionality on this forum for some sort of democratic moderation by regular users... like if a certain number of users report or 'vote out' a new thread, it gets removed, and the real moderators then get to choose (when they get a chance) whether to reinstate the thread, or approve its removal... With the number of users here, useless threads like this could be gone in a number of hours.

Last edited:
Moderation by the masses ?

evandude said:
it would be really nice if there were some functionality on this forum for some sort of democratic moderation by regular users...
This actually sounds like it makes sense ?
... vote a post into a "holding pen" where it is hidden from view until a mod reinstates or deletes...

but what should the vote threshold be ? 1 vote is too little and 10 votes could take some time to collect (if that many people bother).

no offense, but this seems like a bad idea. Where do you draw the line. An unpopular post would get put into the penalty box even if it doesn't particularly violate any Terms of Use.

philba said:
no offense, but this seems like a bad idea. Where do you draw the line. An unpopular post would get put into the penalty box even if it doesn't particularly violate any Terms of Use.

well, since the decision to reinstate the thread or not would come down to the moderator, and assuming the moderators are trusted to be good judges of thread quality (which is their job) then it shouldn't be an issue.

It would also make sense to only allow users with a certain number of posts to vote, so only established members of the forum (who have a good feel for what does or does not belong on the forum) would be making the decision. it would also make sense to give some indication when a thread had a number of negative votes and was risking deletion with a few more, and allow members to vote it up as well, so that it would take an overwhelming negative opinion, not just a small handful of irritable folks, to get a thread canned.

also, regarding the difference between popularity and suitability... well, if a thread is unpopular, people either don't respond to it, or they flame the original poster. Either way the thread itself ends up degrading, and being a waste of time, and thus being a good candidate for deletion. take this thread for example; one post telling the OP some very simple info and telling them to not be lazy, and the rest is the same old same old.

The only further 'purpose' of the thread is that in 2-3 years,some new person who just registered will make their first and only post on the forums, resurrecting this thread with a post in all capitals with horrible spelling and no grammar skills, to ask a completely unrelated question. ;)

Last edited:
it's a can of worms that's being opened up. It's not my board so it's not my say but I doubt this sort of thing can work with out undesirable side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back