Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74190 reset at 6 count

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerospace

I'm wondering how to reset the the counter back to zero after it reaches 6 on a 74190, of course I am trying to design a digital clock, I have the AND gate pulsing when 2 and 4 go high, but the counter keeps going to 9, and I am assuming that I can figure out the hours from how to reset the minutes... any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Zerospace,

Connect a two input nand gate to Qb and Qc outputs, connect
the output of this nand gate to pin 11 (load). Connect data inputs
Da . . . Dd to gnd.
When the counter reaches "6" it will load four zero's, that's it.

on1aag.

How can i reset counter at 15? i'm usin 2 or 74ls190

at fifteen, you have bibary 1 1 1 1 so you just need a 4-input AND logic chip. It will go high when you have 15. If the pin you need reset must be low, you can get a 4-input NAND Gate Logic chip SN74HC13.

you can also figure out how to use quad 2-input chips and stack your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back