Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74190 cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_osama

how to make the cycle of the 74190 counter IC,I didn't understand also its datasheet??????
plz.............. help me!!!!!

What part of the data sheet do you not understand? What exactly are you trying to do with the chip? The data sheet is pretty descriptive.

Ron

i want to make a digital clock
i don't know how to make the cycle

OK, attached is an image of a 74190 counter, lets look at it a little. If you want to make a digital clock you will need six (6) such chips for HH:MM:SS to display. You will also need six (6) BCD to 7 segment decoder driver chips like the 7447 depending on what you plan for a display.

Looking at the chip pin 14 is the clock input and the count will increment up one count for each positive (low to high) of the incoming clock pulses and that assumes the clock enable input pin 4 is low. Placing pin 4 high inhibits the clock pulses. Since you want the chip to count up then pin 5 must be logic low for a count up.

Next you need to use and understand the pre set portion. This depends on if you want a 12 or 24 hour clock. You can have 11:59:59 or 23:59:59 for the maximum counts. Less an AM/PM indicator a 24 hour clock is the way to go. Your call on that note.

Your PMs are OK but as I said, keep this here in the forums. You will need to understand what the chip does and how it works. I can't explain every pin and will not draw the circuit diagram for you.

Ron

Attachments

• 74190 Counter.gif
    74190 Counter.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 4,534
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back