Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

741 opamp alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyt5966

hi all,is there an opamp that is basicaly the same as the 741 but works off a single voltage supply,thanks for any help.

It's true that Norton amps work off a single supply, BUT they are totally different to a 741 (or any other normal opamp), you can't use them as a replacement for a 741.

We really need to know more details?, you can use a 741 quite happily on a single supply, you simply use two resistors and a capacitor to generate a 0V point.

However, you shouldn't be using a 741 in the 21st century, it's a low spec antique, you can get MUCH better opamps for far less money.

741 OpAmps work well with a simple supply ! You can do what Nigel recommended or else instead of using +12/-12 V on Vcc And Vee u can use +24V and 0V. That would give u the same 24V p.d.

thanks for your replys,what would you recomend as an alternative as i wouldnt want to be using an antique,i want to build a simple sensitive electret mic preamp using an opamp.im not an elecronics wizz just a hobbyist,is there a diagram of how to make a dual supply using the resistors and capacitor mentioned above,thanks.

paulyt5966 said:
thanks for your replys,what would you recomend as an alternative as i wouldnt want to be using an antique,i want to build a simple sensitive electret mic preamp using an opamp.im not an elecronics wizz just a hobbyist,is there a diagram of how to make a dual supply using the resistors and capacitor mentioned above,thanks.

Have a look at for plenty of info on opamps, many of these use a single supply - try figure 15 for an example.

The Texas series TL071 etc. are a far higher spec 'modern' opamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back