Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

741 comparator - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdad

I have a triangle wave input (10 Vpp) and a reference voltage of 5 V. The output square wave should look something like this:
**broken link removed**

I haven't found any simple instructions on how to go about making this but it should be a simple thing. My simulation is in the attached picture.

So the output is not aligned properly with the input... I tried to mess around with the resistors but it didn't do much.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

E: The frequence is 1 kHz.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
One problem I see is you are sampling into the inverting input so your square wave will be upside down, 180 degrees out of phase.

I have a triangle wave input (10 Vpp) and a reference voltage of 5 V. The output square wave should look something like this:
**broken link removed**

I haven't found any simple instructions on how to go about making this but it should be a simple thing. My simulation is in the attached picture.

So the output is not aligned properly with the input... I tried to mess around with the resistors but it didn't do much.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

hi,
Whats the frequency of the triangular waveform.??

The following circuit should work. Without the MOSFET, the output cannot swing to both rails due to the saturation characteristic of 741 output stage.

Attachments

• 741comp.png
    741comp.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Okay, I changed it to non-inverting, added a third resistor and adjusted all the resistors. Works great now. Thanks!

If you have the time/patience would you please post the final circuit?
I'd like to know where the new resistor is, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back