741 comparator - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdad

I have a triangle wave input (10 Vpp) and a reference voltage of 5 V. The output square wave should look something like this:
**broken link removed**

I haven't found any simple instructions on how to go about making this but it should be a simple thing. My simulation is in the attached picture.

So the output is not aligned properly with the input... I tried to mess around with the resistors but it didn't do much.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

E: The frequence is 1 kHz.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
One problem I see is you are sampling into the inverting input so your square wave will be upside down, 180 degrees out of phase.

hi,
Whats the frequency of the triangular waveform.??

I have a triangle wave input (10 Vpp) and a reference voltage of 5 V. The output square wave should look something like this:

The following circuit should work. Without the MOSFET, the output cannot swing to both rails due to the saturation characteristic of 741 output stage.

Attachments

• 741comp.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Okay, I changed it to non-inverting, added a third resistor and adjusted all the resistors. Works great now. Thanks!

If you have the time/patience would you please post the final circuit?
I'd like to know where the new resistor is, etc.

Sure.

There's some rise/fall time but it does its job.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…