Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74 Family ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

please i'm just new to the 74xxx Family ,

could you recommend a book to buy , to learn about this family , i need to see all this 74xxx icz , and there functions,

thank you

Yes, Don Lancaster's TTL Cookbook is pretty much considered the "Bible" for hobbyists working with TTL. But don't discount TTL databooks from manufacturers such as Motorola, National Semiconductor, Fairchild, Signetics, Philips, NEC, Texas Instruments and others, especially older ones that you may find on ebay and other sources. I'd have to say that I learned about 90% of my digital and TTL knowledge from databooks and not textbooks.

Dean

I second that from blueroomelectronics.

TTL Cookbook by Don Lancaster has a wealth of information.

Also have a look at some TTL clock threads on this board in which datasheets are given for 7400, 7490, 7447 IC's .

Important with TTL is decoupling of each IC with a 100nF ceramic or tantalum capacitor.

I strongly recommend moving on to CMOS as soon as possible as TTL are power hungry and obsolete.

Aslo try to get LS versions where possible, they use less power and are compatible with the old TTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back