Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

733W00186 pinout wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimmo_eto

I' m unable to find the datasheet for 733W00186 (16-pin DIP). Possibly made by RCA or Fairchild. Can anyone help? Thanks.

It would be more helpful if you told us what kind of product this is. Active filter, programmable controller, amplifier, etc...? Or what did you disassemble it from?

Last edited:
It would be more helpful if you told us what kind of product this is. Active filter, programmable controller, amplifier, etc...? Or what did you disassemble it from?
Thanks.
I have a dozen of these old stock components. Apparently they were never used, and never will be used if I don' t find out how.

733W looks like a whole IC family tree!

definitely true... that was the first thing I realized after a short research.

Why don't you register to one of those sites that come up on google (supposedly still selling these), ask for a sample and datasheet. I'm sure that if they have it in stock, they will send you both for free.

definitely true... that was the first thing I realized after a short research.

Why don't you register to one of those sites that come up on google (supposedly still selling these), ask for a sample and datasheet. I'm sure that if they have it in stock, they will send you both for free.
My experience with obsolete components shows that these companies are only interested in selling their chips. They don' t look very interested in providing datasheets, which they don' t necessarily have. The reason is very simple: if the customer, for example, works out from the datasheets that a 733W02145L1 chip that they sell for $10 can be replaced by a $0.05 LM318N, where is the business for the vendor?

The reason is very simple: if the customer, for example, works out from the datasheets that a 733W02145L1 chip that they sell for $10 can be replaced by a $0.05 LM318N, where is the business for the vendor?

Vintage electronics hobbyists maybe?:p

You never know man.. People pay $395 for ugly ass nixie watches.:rolleyes: (Don't get me wrong, nixies are kinda cool but it's clunky for a wrist watch and is not worth the cash - personal opinion)

Last edited:
It's a CA3081 NPN transistor array.
It worked for me! The mystery chip is definitely the CA3081's twin brother.
To prove that they are equivalent, after an initial test with the ohm-meter, I tried the following simple tests:
Conditions: substrate (pin 5): to GND. All emitters (pin 15): to GND.
Test 1:
LED with 180 ohm resistor in series from each collector to +5V (outputs active one at a time):
the LED lights up when the corresponding base is biased using 2.7 Kohm to +5V.
Measured Vce sat: about 150 mV.
Test 2:
LED with 560 ohm resistor in series from each collector to +12V (outputs active one at a time):
the LED lights up when the corresponding base is biased using 10Kohm to +12V.
Measured Vce sat: about 150 mV.
Test 3:
300 ohm, 12V relay from collector at pin 14 to +12V, with suitable reverse-biased protection diodes to both +12V and GND:
the relay gets energized when the base at pin 13 is biased using 10Kohm to +12V.
Measured Vce sat on pin 14: about 350 mV.
Therefore, with the appropriate external components, a 733W00186 could replace a ULN2000 in non-critical (i.e. lower output current) applications.
The bottom line is that I have turned a bagful of junk lying in my drawer into some useful components, and you deserve most of the credit.
Many thanks to all the forum members who have been taking part in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back