Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segments project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrid

any idea what project using 7 segments display?:eek:
or any idea how to make a project that when you press 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 9,0 it displays the equivalent binary code to the four 7 segments display?
i you have, please post the schematic diagram?:D;) ;)

hi hydrid,

Two semi-conductor devices you should look at are the,

SN74LS147, Decimal to BCD convertor and the SN7447, BCD to 7 segment driver.

You will also require a +5v psu, push switches and a 7 seg LED, etc.

EricG

For interest, also look at the SN74144

hydrid said:
when you press 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 9,0 it displays the equivalent binary code to the four 7 segments display?

If I understand correctly, you want to display the four bits that make up the binary code for each number, i.e., 0001, 0011,0010, etc. For that, you need an LED to show each bit. A 7-segment will not suffice.

I am attaching a circuit that runs through the numbers 0 to 9, displays the code for each, then repeats. You can replace the 555 timer with a bounceless switch to give individual counts, (still 0 to 9 in order), or, attach a keyboard and other circuitry to give a reply on demand. The latter is a bit complex, however. Start with just the basic circuit until you understand binary.

Edit: If you undertake this project, be SURE you line up the leds in the order shown or you will have one confusing mess!!!

Attachments

• Binary Counter.PNG
    Binary Counter.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back