Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

aman_narang92

I need to interface three 7 segment displays with 8085. Now I need to control each of them individually through a push button. The 7 segment display will run a counter and I will use the push button to turn on and then turn off the counter and then display the no at which i stopped. I need to do this with three different 7 segments and display all 3 numbers simultaneously.

Now I need to knwo whether I should create a separate output port for each display or whether it can be achieved by multiplexing them

Multiplexing will reduce the number of pins needed by ~2/3. You can reduce the pin count further by using BCD-to-7segment decoders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back