Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-segment with ECG

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavestorm1986

good day to all, i have an ECG project and i must show the heart beat using 7-SEGMENT, means that have to use the PIC16F, so the PIC will work as a ADC to measure the number of heart beat... so i need help to make sure that the seven segment will work as a real time counter for the ECG ....

as far as i know i have to do some calculation to measure the PEAK value for the ECG sequence specially QRS waveform. so any guide for my case ??

thanx in advance

good day to all, i have an ECG project and i must show the heart beat using 7-SEGMENT, means that have to use the PIC16F, so the PIC will work as a ADC to measure the number of heart beat... so i need help to make sure that the seven segment will work as a real time counter for the ECG ....

as far as i know i have to do some calculation to measure the PEAK value for the ECG sequence specially QRS waveform. so any guide for my case ??

thanx in advance

The 7 segment will not be the counter. It will just display the count. The actual counting should be handling by the PIC. The PIC should just turn on and off segments of the 7 segment to display the count to the user. Driving a 7 segment display from a PIC is fairly straight forward and is well documented. A google search for "7 segment+PIC" will probably produce some useful links. I'd think the challenge would be more in signal conditioning of the ECG input (if neccesary) and writing the code to capture and calculate pulse rate.

vne147

thanx for the help, any guide that i can fin to explain more in details the steps i have to follow to continue this project ??

thank you

vne147

thanx for the help, any guide that i can fin to explain more in details the steps i have to follow to continue this project ??

thank you

I found this pretty quickly:

Driving 7-segment LED Displays

Google is your friend. :D

As for the actual ECG portion, I'm not sure. I didn't find any tutorials right away but you may be able to find something if you dig around for a while. I have never done anything with an ECG before. My best guess on how this would work is that you would have to amplify the input signal (I wouldn't expect the voltages to be high at all). You could use something like an instrumentaion amplifier IC or maybe a multi-stage op amp. You could then feed the amplified signal into one of the PIC's ADC pins or a comparator input if your PIC has CCP. Everytime the voltage rises above a certian level, the PIC would increment a counter representing heart beats. You'd then have to have the PIC do some math to figure out pulse rate. Another way for you to do it would be for the PIC to record the time in between pulses and use that to calculate pulse rate.

good day to all,

sorry for the delay, i got a source code in C-language but after i go throw i found it can not been used in MPLAB specially while i have to use this compiler only, i found few website i think have to be consider while working with my project, i will post the source code and i need help how i can modify it using MPLAB,coz the source code was designed to be complied using MIKROC.

i will post the link that i found same idea as mine but using anther circuit, by the way the link in french so i translated using google

plzzzz i need help

http://translate.google.com.my/tran...=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=A58&sa=G

**broken link removed** ( the source code )

Last edited:
The first link has the .asm files that it says were written in the MPLab IDE. Do you need to use C? Also, the second link wouldn't let me download the .c file because it said "too many people are downloading it". Please attach it to your a post.

k sorry for that, the first link as you check already is in assembly but the idea was use the same PIC and the programing will be in C

i post the beat rate in C-language

hope can help me to modify it and make it work on MPLAB

thanx in advance....

Attachments

• beat_rate..c
    1 KB · Views: 362
i will post the circuit that i will use it, the first link was one of the idea i found, but the circuit that i tested using MULTISIM 10 is working and i you can check it out below.

thanx for ur help

Attachments

• AD620..png
    AD620..png
    90.7 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
I should have been more specific about the specific circuit I was referring to. The circuit I was talking about is the circuit from your first link with the micro-controller and 7 segment displays. The circuit you have attached to your previous post is the circuit to amplify the voltage measured from the person and for all intensive purposes can be developed separately from the micro-controller portion. The amplifier portion will connect to the PIC ADC or comparator input. Then the PIC (using software) will have to count the pulses, calculate the average over a fixed time, and then display the output on 3, 7 segment LED displays. The circuit shown on the page from your first link shows one way to do this but the C code from your second link will not work with the micro-controller circuit in the first link. Do you realize this? Are you going to design the micro-controller portion to work with the C-code in your second link or are you going to design the micro-controller circuit as it's shown in the first link?

EDIT: Also, what PIC do you plan to use?

Last edited:
ok, the translated link i post just where i can connect from the part (B) to the PIC, as you know i must get a voltage goes to the PIC around 3.3-5V, SO the only thing i needed it is use the circuit i did and tested by myself using mutlisim 10 and connect the PIC to it.

the PIC i am willing to use is one of theses three ( pic16f84a,pic16f876,pic16f690) but still confusing which one is better to work with my application, as much as it can be function well i am k with it.by the way the c-code was to same PIC had been used in the translated link, which as far as i know can work for my circuit also.

thanx

OK, but that circuit has no micro-controller and no 7 segment displays to show the output. That ciruict will only amplify the voltage measured on the body. The output of that circuit must be connected to a micro-controller ADC or comparator input. Then, software must be loaded onto the micro-controller to process the input and drive the output displays. That is what the circuit in post #14 is doing. The circuit you have in post #17 won't work by itself. It needs to be connected to the circuit in post #14 or a similar circuit in order to calculate pulse rate and display the output. I cannot make the C code work for you unless I know what the micro-controller part of the circuit will look like. The C code you linked will not work with the circuit in post #14 because it was written for a different circuit. Understand?

OK, it seems like you understand now. Once you post the micro-controller circuit, then I can help you with the C code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back