Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-segment to BCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmoreno

Deal all,

I need to convert 7-segment input (from a led display) into BCD output. I have read about an IC, the 74C915, but I couldn't find anyplace to buy it, nor information (datasheet) on the chip.

Can anyone help me? Is there any other alternative IC to the 74C915? Any idea?

Thanks very much in advance.

Best,

Antonio J.

Looks like that device is obsolete, so unless you can find it from some distributor (such as 74C915 current availability from distributor 1-Source Electronic Components or **broken link removed**) who still has some in stock, you may be out of luck.

Otherwise you could design a logic circuit, generate a lookup table in a PROM, or program a microprocessor to do the decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back