Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment fuel guage

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorbzz

Ok ill clear this up, ITS NOT FOR A CAR!

It uses car parts (plastic tank and fuel sender unit) but there is no fuel in it, it is water/detergent.

I want to use a PIC to measure the ohms coming from the sender unit and display it on a 7 segment display.

I know I could just get a multimeter but the table is in a dark area and LCD wont be visible.

This will give me a rough idea how much liquid is still in the tank.

Anyone seen a similar thing/project?

Really its just a Pic based ohm meter that uses 7 segments to display the ohms.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Given a choice, with a resistive fuel level sending unit I would think about using a LM3914 to drive a LED bar graph display.

Ron

hi,
Have you considered using a LM3914, this would give 10 indication levels, using regular LED's.

What is the min/max values of the resistive level sensor in the tank, [is it linear?] also what power supply do you have eg: 12Vdc...

"Drat Rons' already finished his second cup of coffee!"

Last edited:
hi,
Have you considered using a LM3914, this would give 10 indication levels, using regular LED's.

What is the min/max values of the resistive level sensor in the tank, [is it linear?] also what power supply do you have eg: 12Vdc...

"Drat Rons' already finished his second cup of coffee!"

You have to get up pretty early US EDT to beat Eric. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back