Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment display BJT components what the use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnecniv

May i know what is the use of the npn and pnp bjt for my schematic? can someone please advise. Thank You

Attachments

• LED2.jpg
    LED2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
May i know what the use of the npn and pnp bjt for my schematic? can someone please advise. Thank You

hi,
Are you asking WHY they are used or what TYPE to use.???

May i know what is the use of the npn and pnp bjt for my schematic? can someone please advise. Thank You

Hi,

The use of transistor in the ckt for two main reason:-
1.) To have large driving current
2.) To change the level of voltage as +5 to -5V or gnd.

in this ckt the load across 74xxx TTL chip is less it can drive it, so the 2nd reason is Ur answer.

Last edited:
It is a horrible circuit:
1) The output high voltage of the old TTL IC is typically only 3.1V which is not high enough to turn off the PNP transistors.
2) The 100 ohm base resistors for the PNP transistors provide a current of about 39mA which exceeds the maximum recommended output low current of 24mA for the old TTL IC.
3) Nothing limits the base current of the NPN trransistors which will exceed the recommended maximum recommended output high current of only 2.6mA for the old TTL IC.
4) The transistors are not given enough base current to saturate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back