Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7.2 NiMh rapid charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKF1000

I have changed the old NiCad batteries in my transceiver battery pack with more modern and efficient NiMh ones, the problem is, with the standard charger it now takes more than 24 hours to charge the pack.
I need information about a rapid charger circuit that will bring the charge time down to a couple of hours. The NiMh batteries are all fast charge compatible, but my fast charger will only charge single cells, in pairs of 2 or 4, unfortunatly the batteries are now hard wired, 6 in series, 7.2v total so individual charging is not possible.

I have looked at various circuits based on the Max 712/713 circuit, but welcome any advice given.

Many thanks in advance. Karl.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back