Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6x6mm Tact Switch query

Status
Not open for further replies.

kardzzz

Hi All,
I have a 6x6mm tact switch (push to make). The tact has 4 prongs, 1-4. I know the pairing 1-3, 2-4 is the open position.

My question is, can i build a circuit on the one switch where 1-3 goes 'High' and 2-4 goes 'Low' on close? basically, is the tact 2 independent switches in the one package or are the prongs 1,2 and 3,4 connected internally?

Thx

No, it is (probably) one switch (a SPST switch) unless stated otherwise. There are two pairs of pins, and pins within a pair are internally connected.

But if it says it is a DPST switch, then it is two independent switches controlled by a single button.

Last edited:
Yes, from your description.

This is how it works.

Boncuk

Attachments

• H-L.gif
    H-L.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips