Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6VDC or 12VDC to 110VAC inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

I think you guys are prob tired of hearing about inverter questions but it goes my section in an effort to better educate myself on the subject.

What I want to do is convert 6vdc or 12vdc to 110vac with a 250W output.

I have built step down transformers before and regulated the out from 110vac to 24vdc and 5vdc. So I have some experience on that side.

My concerns are selecting the components needed. Would I use a regular 110vac(primary) to 6vac (secondary) transformer and basically use it in reverse mode?

Also the transformer is going to need an AC signal or modified sine wave, how do I go about to accomplish this? I know most people would say just go buy one or a pure sine wave inverter is too difficult or expensive to make, that's not what I want I just want the basic ideas of how to get going ith this.

I've searched and seen that there are some ICs used in inverter that provide PWM but not sure if this is what I would need.

The output of 110vac is going to be used for running a few 13W bulbs and maybe a small TV not looking for huge power here just something to get my feet wet on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back