Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

68HC12 usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

heepofajeep

Backround: I am working on a project that will control 1-axis motion & receive force & position feedback. I am playing around with the idea of using an hc12 microntroller to dictate the movements of the system, & receive the inputs; I have a little experience with the HC11 through classes @ school. We are using a stepper driver/motor combination that uses simple ttl inputs for direction & speed.

Question:
1)How hard would it be to write a program that accelerated & decelerated motion?
2)About how much cost would it be to buy the microcontroller & necessary software/pc interface? I would like to be able to program this in C/C++, since that is what I am familiar with at school.
3) How fast can the hc12 output ttl, and how reliable is this?

Thank you very much, and sorry if the questions are very newbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back