Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

64b/66b encoding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

czhe

Hi everyone,

If anyone is familiar with this type of encoding, could you please tell me if the 64 bits of data is scrambled first and then encoded, or the other way around?

The reason I ask is because I've seen both ways. PDFs on google in general say that the data is scrambled first, but several reference design by Xilinx (I eventually will need to implement this in an FPGA) show that the scrambling is done at the end before transmission.

Thanks for any clarification,
czhe

Anyone?

Perhaps I didn't post in the right place. Is there a more appropriate place I can ask about something like this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back