Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

60 second timer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarJariggs

Hi, I am trying to create a 60 second timer which counts to 60 and then resets to 00 and continues to count up. The design must be done with a 74LS163 for the ones digit and an asynchronous counter designed with J/K flip-flops for the tens digit. Both are connected to 74LS48 BCD to Seven Segment decoders.

Currently, I am capturing the 6 from the tens counter and the 1 from the ones counter and wiring this to both the clears of the J/K flip-flops and the clear of the 74LS163. This causes it to reset from 60 to 01. If I instead only capture the 6 from the tens counter, it will reset at 59 to 00.

How can I reset at 60 without displaying a 01 immediately after it resets?

Welcome to ETO!
The design must be done with a 74LS163 for the ones digit
Why? Is this a Homework task? If so, your post is in the wrong forum.

Hello Jarjariggs

How are You setup the 74LS163 to count from 0 to 9 ?. . . Remember this counter IC is Binary, so it count from 0 through F. and the 74LS48 could not decode from A through F.

What IC identification number are you using for the tens?

The technique I use is as follow:
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 ---> Reset To 0 The 74LS163 & Count +1 Tens.
10 11 12 . . . . . . . . . 58 59 60 ---> Reset To 0 The F-F J-K.

I Hope Have helped to You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back