Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5x8 LED Matrix Display: need urgent help! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

geunrisse

hi! if you are reading this post then thank you for taking the time. i hope you can help me.

i'm a beginner in electronics and i have a project called Computer Based Electronic Message board, it's composed of 12 pieces of 5x8 LED Matrix and can display 15 characters at a time. it uses visual basic for the programming, and a PIC16F877A as the microcontroller. however, i want to modify it further. i want it to have a feature where the message being displayed also has an audio (like in audio e-books.) is this possible?

moreover, i want it to display the current temperature of the surroundings (like those weather forecasts..) how can this be done?

please help me...

Once you get it displaying "Hello World!" then come back and ask about sound and temperature display.

Mike.

Is this a prebuilt and programmed module or have you written the code for the pic yourself?

Mike.

Hi geunrisse

Check out Parallax's web site, they sell this:
Emic Text-To-Speech Module (#30006)

Parallax Home

Good Luck
B-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back