Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5x7 Dot-Matrix LED displays and drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

I want to built a dot matrix LED display board from 7x5 LED dot matrix blocks. I am looking at using the MAX6952 drivers, which can drive 4 single colour display blocks each.

However many of these displays I can get from suppliers (RS, Rapid, Farnell) seem to be 'row anode' whereas the MAX chip is 'row cathode'. Does anyone know of a reliable supplier to the UK of these displays, preferably 31mm or so high in a 7x5 LED matrix configuration. Ideally a choice from red green or amber would be good, but I don't mind. Bi-colour option is also a possibility too.

On another note, can anyone suggest a good microprocessor for a beginner that'll accept serial input from a computer, and then do various 'functions' such as scroll them out to 5 of these MAX6952 chips so I can do a 20x1 display?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back