Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5v to 15v dc-dc converter using IR2110 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedhafizi

sir,
how can i built one circuit to convert 5v to 15v dc-dc using IR2110 drive? The nominal output current shall be 5 A :confused: i have search for suitable circuit but i don't understand how we can used IR2110 drive. it is the same way we using rectifier bridge?:confused: please help me....

Last edited:
خوش آمد

The IR2110 is a MOSFET driver. It therefore requires the use of MOSFETs to do what you want.

My advice would be to pick suitable MOSFETs for your current drive, (at 5A, that'll be easy).

As for the DC/DC converter, I would use a basic toroid with freewheeling diode on the output side of the MOSFETs, and use a simple oscillator to drive the 2110. There are many examples of this type of circuit out there. IR has some app notes that should also help, as does Linear Tech. HTH.:)

thanks analog for your reply.
but can u give me an example website with that circuit u said. what do you mean by "u will using basic toroid with freewheeling diode on the output side of the MOSFETs, and use a simple oscillator to drive the 2110"

No IR2110 is needed, nor any gate driver. Use a PWM control IC with an output that drives low side n-channel FETs. A complimentary emitter follower can buffer the gate drive and provide the peak amperes to drive the FET gate. Otherwise a complimentary FET driver can provide the drive. The topology for this application would be a boost converter as long as isolation is not needed. If galvanic isolation is needed, then a flyback or forward converter is recommended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back