Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V to 12 V PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailtonsk

Hi
I am trying to design a very basic circuit which converts my 5 V PWM from my NI FPGA card to a 12 V PWM.So basically what I need is an amplifier circuit and also protection for my FPGA card from 12 V.
I am a Mechanical Engineer and I dont have much idea .Can anyone of you help me.
If a circuit is available in the market which can serve my purpose you can tell me what I should ask for.

Hi
I am trying to design a very basic circuit which converts my 5 V PWM from my NI FPGA card to a 12 V PWM.So basically what I need is an amplifier circuit and also protection for my FPGA card from 12 V.
I am a Mechanical Engineer and I dont have much idea .Can anyone of you help me.
If a circuit is available in the market which can serve my purpose you can tell me what I should ask for.
hi,
You require either a power transistor or MOSFET amplifier.

Do you have details of the current the motor requires thats driven by the PWM.?

5V to 12 V

thanx for the reply...
But I am actually using the circuit for a solenoid fuel injector which works with 12V square pulse.
So only thing I need to do is amplify my 5V PWM to a 12 V PWM.

I would assume that the solenoid is ground referenced so that you need a high side driver. i would also assume that the 5V pwm signal is coming from a microcontroller and you don't want much current pulled out of it.

how about tying the 5V pwm signal to the gate of a peanut NFET, say a 2N7000. The source is tied to common/ground and the drain is tied to a 10k resistor whose other end is tied to 12V. Maybe have a 10k resistor across the gate-source to make sure it is off if the cpu is not awake but 12V is. Connect the gate of a PFET (don't know a good one off hand - i don't use them too much - but it needs to handle current - may need a heatsink as well) to the drain of the NFET, the source to 12V and the drain to the solenoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back