Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V to 1.5V conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsivsan

Hi,

I am in need of a circuit to do the following scenario.

I have a coil in my circuit. It has to be operated in 5V for 60 seconds. Then it must be operated in 1.5V for 90 seconds. This must be happening continuously. I have a microcontroller in my circuit. So the timing issuce can be solved with the controller. But the problem is i need 1.5V and switching between the voltages. If any one has and idea please share with me. It shouldn't be a complicated circuit. Since my PCB is almost complete and i am not in a position to add more components.

Thanks
Siva.

Simply provide two outputs. One directly to the solenoid and the other via a 3v6 zener or a set of signal diodes.

I agree with Peufeu. Your coil should have to have a freewheel diode, and if you turn on the supply for 30% of the time, the current will be much the same as if the voltage were to be 1.5 V. The inductance of the coil will keep the current from changing much between the on and off parts of the PWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back