Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V switch relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagejoe_85

Hello, I am currently working on an project where I would like to switch on a relay when this LED on another device usually turns on. I removed the LED from the device and attached some leads. The only problem is that my relays require around 12v and the LED only receives 5v. So I was just wondering how I can use the 5v that is meant to power the LED to switch on a 12v relay. Assuming that there is at least a separate 12 v source at your disposal. Thanks!

If the relay is 12V DC, you could just use a transistor to control the relay from the 5V. What coil current does the relay require?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back