Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5v stepped down to 200 millivolts / can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
water.... It's not absolutely free but 22oz of water from my tap in the house is like .0026 cents and that can generate enough HHO to mow my lawn 4 times witch is about 8 hours of run time.

It's actually very interesting and possibly the most simple thing in the world to accomplish. Pass electric current through water H2O, blow the molecules apart and presto changeo Hydrogen and Oxygen.

We know that - but where are you getting the free electricity to generate the HHO?.

It's NOT an efficient process, you would be better off using the electricity to charge a battery, and use a battery powered mower.

wow so defensive

So sell it, become a millionaire. What's stopping you?

I'm not going to argue or defend the idea, I tried to get everything pushed through a couple of years ago and found I couldn't patent the electrolsis process (duah) and the method I was supposedly using had already been patented. Hydrogen is also one of those things that raises sooooo many questions that it's virtually impossible to market it due to the fact it is too good to be true. It's so good in fact that people will deny the reality that water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen and you can easily seperate them and both are extremely flammable and an automobile will basically run on any flammable liquid or gas with proper air fuel tuning. BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. This is all old news I'm not going to defend reality and what should be common knowledge. If you'd like to see it, watch it work, use it, just reserch it, try it and prove yourself wrong.

reserch

We know that - but where are you getting the free electricity to generate the HHO?.

It's NOT an efficient process, you would be better off using the electricity to charge a battery, and use a battery powered mower.

fourteen thousand different ways to make electrolsys more efficient. My mower has a high output lighting stator wich generates electriciy while running and a battery to start the production and the mower. Come on people this is not worth arguing about. It's a very simple process and can be made extremely efficient.

fourteen thousand different ways to make electrolsys more efficient. My mower has a high output lighting stator wich generates electriciy while running and a battery to start the production and the mower. Come on people this is not worth arguing about. It's a very simple process and can be made extremely efficient.

Well no one has managed to make it 'extremely efficient' yet - no arguments, it doesn't work, and has repeatedly been proved not to. Your claim of the mower generating enough electricity to run itself is even more ludicrous than most :p

As has been suggested, why aren't you a millionaire?, you're supposedly producing completely free energy - sell it!.

OK

FOR SALE

Completely Free Energy. Guaranteed or your money back

What are you willing to pay. My guess is nothing do to the fact that supposedly it's been proven impossible and inefficient and all that. So you have bought into many others oppinions who may or may not have tried or done it right or what ever. But needless to say you won't offer a good deal of money for this because you've been led like sheep to believe what others want you to believe.

My Hydrogen kit is not for sale, I don't want to fight the fight that is required to make this fly. HOw hard could it be you might ask.... Well lets freckin see . I didn't even suggest that i was working on an hho project and was told it wouldn't work, i didn't even offer my idea for sale and I was told it didn't work.... it goes on and on ok you have proven it right here right now. It's a big fight and prove the facts it has to be in your face hold it in you hands proof. And that my friend is a whole lot of explaining. You do realize that when the automobile was introduced it recieved less questions and arguements about how it ran and the reality of what was driving it, than hho has produced.

I never said I was selling I never ask you to buy it I didn't even suggest you to research what others have found. I suggest you believe it and if you couldn't do that go blow a 100 bucks and prove it to yourself. pvc, stainless, and a whole slew of ways to power...

I have my own personal proof, I can walk outside and touch it I can use it, start it, enjoy it without having to argue that it is in fact possible.

I have my own personal proof, I can walk outside and touch it I can use it, start it, enjoy it without having to argue that it is in fact possible.
Yea right, heard that before. Why ever would anyone who could feed the world ever want to sell or heaven forbid be a philanthropist and offer his invention to the world. Never seen it happen and never will.
Why not build a generator and power your home, neighborhood, town. After all water is not nearly as expensive as gasoline.
You do realize that when the automobile was introduced it recieved less questions and arguements about how it ran and the reality of what was driving it, than hho has produced.
Where is it now? These so called water cars pop up all the time, zero of them work it's just another scam.

Yea right, heard that before. Why ever would anyone who could feed the world ever want to sell or heaven forbid be a philanthropist and offer his invention to the world. Never seen it happen and never will.
Why not build a generator and power your home, neighborhood, town. After all water is not nearly as expensive as gasoline.

Where is it now? These so called water cars pop up all the time, zero of them work it's just another scam.

well the only question I have for you is have you tried it for yourself? If not then you're nothing but a fool. Judging something based on nothing. YOU say you have facts but where are these facts, who is providing them, are they reliable or could their oppinions be purchased. Money is an amaizing thing, if I were to be making 11 billion dollars a quarter I bet I could figure out how to convince YOU that purple unicorns do exist and can fly. You are just too easily convinced. You judge on reference other than experience. If you'd like I'll provide you will all the resources I used to build my generator and you can give it a go. Once you have done that then you can get back in touch with me and thank me.

Just a little food for thought. In 1984 a good friend of my father came up with an invention, it was a water injection carbarator that claimed 200 miles per gallon. They sold for 250 dollars installed and were proven to provide no less than 150 mpg on a 350ci engine (That was on my fathers vehicle) But amaizingly no more than 9 months after he started selling these He came over to my father and said "I'm fu*^ing rich!!!! Some guy just wrote me a check for the rights to my patient and for me to agree to forget about it." Not three days later there were two moving trucks and he was out. My dad has talked to him off and on since then, he refuses to talk about what happened and says he is still VERY wealthy. I just wonder who bought the rights to that patient and why is it not still being sold today? But one thing I know NOBODY except those who bought that carbarator will believe that with water and a fancy carbarator you could achieve 150-200 mpg.

Medical ethics may be in a state of flux, but I didn't know it was legal to sell a patient.

Since a patent only lasts 25years max it's now in the public domain. What's the patent number so we can look it up?
The 200MPG carburetor is yet more snake oil.
**broken link removed**

you keep talking but all I hear is BLA BLA BLA

Since a patent only lasts 25years max it's now in the public domain. What's the patent number so we can look it up?
The 200MPG carburetor is yet more snake oil.
**broken link removed**

I'm done (yep your comment will be "of course, give up when asked for proof") but it just comes down to this. You are not educated enough to carry on this conversation. You read what you believe you can argue with and ommit the rest. Then you find a loose translation of efficiency in an uncontrolled setting on one particular vehicle.... the list goes on and on. You believe that only gas is flammible and it's the only thing that will run a car. You do not even prove to have a clue that there are other things in this world that burn, explode, react with and assist. The importance on this is when two people push half as much effort is required to accomplish the same goal, or twice as much can be accomplished if both work the same as if running solo. but hold on with your quick little reply of "well that's just double the efficiency" duah. There are chemicals, liquid, gasses..... that all react in different ways and produce different measures of power. Take for example Oxygen this element is extremely flammable and provides a longer burn than consumption, next Hydrogen also extremely flammable but ignites and consumes much more quickly than oxygen. Then of course there are man made liquids and gasses such as diesel, gasoline, propane, nitrous oxide..... All of these react differently, burn temps, ignition temps, reactivity, longevity. But yet amaizingly they can all be added together to provide more power, efficiency, or one or many substituted for another such as Hydrogen and Pure Oxygen added to Gasoline. WOW isn't that just awesome, oh and I forgot to tell you that there are many things in our world that are not flammable that can be broken into there bare elements and become extremely flammable> such as WATER H2O 2 parts flammable and one part Explosive = POWER. Don't climb up onto your little soap box and voice an oppinion that you cannot support. Instead bring your little know-it-all self down to my kneck of the woods and I'll give you a little learnin'. I've got all the chemicals, gasses, liquids, and I'll make an engine run off of any one of them. Quit blowin' your hole you outrageously ignorant fool.

You've offered zero proof it works. They love this stuff on overunity.com nobody needs any proof whatsoever on those forums.

I asked you for the patent number, even the inventors name should be enough. But since it's all a fairy tale well I won't hold my breath.

There are many proofs that HHO doesn't work, but only the delusional hold dear to their homebrew stories...
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam.shtml
If you haven't already read the intro to this proof, please do.
The first thing you'll note about these "run your car on water" schemes is the size of the electrolysis cell and the wires that lead to it.
Typically they're about jam-jar size and the wires are about 16 gauge, a thickness that can comfortably carry about 30A which, at 12V, represents about 360W of power.
So the first question obviously has to be...

How much gas is needed to reduce fuel consumption by 40%?
Well the first thing is to work out how much energy it requires to keep an average vehicle cruising at(say) 65mph. According to **broken link removed** it takes around 20HP to cruse at that speed.
Let's convert that to electrical energy by multiplying by 746 (the number of watts in a horsepower). We get 14,920, or roughly 15KW.
Now, if we want to replace 40% of that power with energy from HHO gas, we'll need to use at least 15KW x 0.4 which comes to 6,000 watts (6KW).
If we assume that the electrolysis cell which converts electricity into HHO gas is 100% efficient (which it certainly isn't) then that means we'll need a massive 6000W/12V or 500 amps of current to make that much gas.
Suddenly those 30A wires are looking rather inadequate aren't they?
What's more, since the average car's alternator can only deliver about 80A of current, this means the battery would have to deliver the other 520A and (in the case of even a good 80AH unit) would be flat in under 10 minutes.
Of course these simple calculations ignore the fact that electrolysis cells are not 100% efficient and the even more important fact that the average internal combustion engine is only around 30% efficient -- so even if we delivered 6KW of HHO gas to the engine it would only produce under 2KW of actual power.
With these inefficiencies taken into account we'd actually need a staggering 1,500A of electrical current to generate the necessary HHO gas to reduce our fuel input by 40%.
So clearly the math doesn't add up. There's just no way you can extract enough electrical energy from your car's automotive system to create the gas volumes needed to create any meaningful amount of energy.
How efficient are those electrolysis cells
Well in the above calculations, we've assumed 100% efficiency but the sad truth is that even the best electrolysis cells offer far less than that.
In the case of these "run your car on water" scams, the tiny containers of water usually pictured are grossly inadequate, not only in their efficiency but also in their actual size.
Take a look at the YouTube video above and note the following:

• the amount of power the small single-cylinder is producing
  • the amount of gas being used to produce that small amount of power
  • the size of the electrolysis cells needed to generate that amount of gas
  • the amount of electrical power (1.7KW) needed to generate that gas.
Obviously, given that it's taking 1.7KW (or around 2.3HP) of electrical energy and a huge electrolysis cell to create *just* enough gas to keep a lawnmower engine barely idling, the jam-jar sized cells promoted for vehicles are a joke.
And the sad thing is that, even if you used a huge cell like this, the amount of gas created would still be too small to have any discernable effect and the amount of electrical energy required would be beyond any vehicles electrical system.
So there you have it folks.
The laws of thermodynamics remain safe. The only thing at risk is the hard-earned cash of those who are gullible enough to be duped by these scammers.
No, you can't run your car on water by installing a useless electrolysis cell under the bonnet.
But wait... I've recently had a lot of email from HHO scammers who claim that I've got it all wrong and that HHO doesn't violate the laws of thermodynamics.
Here is how they claim it works and why I still say it doesn't.
Quick navigation of this feature:

Please spread the word to save people from wasting their cash and help put these scammers out of business. Link to the first page of this feature and tell your friends about it.

Last edited:
Would you like another?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Published by **broken link removed** at 8:08 am under **broken link removed**, **broken link removed**, **broken link removed**

Table of Contents for HHO Scam

1. The HHO Scam: Run Your Car on Water, Part I
  2. **broken link removed**
  3. **broken link removed**
  4. **broken link removed**
  5. **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
With gasoline prices through the roof (nearly tripling in 18 months), everybody’s looking for a salve to reduce their pain at the pump. As always in the Land of the Free, this brings out the kooks and charlatans, offering novel ways to help you. Any excuse to sell you some Snake Oil.
The “**broken link removed**” scam is a classic example. The Internet is filling up with click-by-night websites detailing how you can get up to 40% better gas mileage Right Now, using a **broken link removed** of mysterious means and water. (Oh, and don’t forget to send along some money.)
Okay, what are the claims, really? They are simple, and go something like this: An experimenter somewhere, untrained and unskilled in science (apparently), has found a magical principle that has been overlooked through all the decades by an intensely inquisitive scientific-industrial complex. That principle allows you to attach a small, black-box mechanism, using light-weight electrical leads, to your engine and Voila! You will convert ordinary water into “HHO Gas,” which gas is then injected directly into your fuel system. Said gas is burned with your precious gasoline, adding tremendous performance improvements in fuel economy. Claims of up to 40% mileage gains are rampant on the Web.
(I recently got “spammed” through Twitter. **broken link removed** signed up for my microblog!)
This series of posts will examine this “breakthrough technology” in detail. First, though, a quick disclaimer. I have not laid my hands on one of these remarkable contraptions yet. I’ve asked for “test examples,” as I have a doctorate in physical chemistry and do thermodynamics research at a university. I’ve offered to provide validated claims, and a detailed physical and chemical rationale, if someone would simply supply a working example. So far, nada. You think one of these groups would want somebody like me to back their play!
I absolutely refuse to send my hard-earned bucks to someone I believe is scamming the public, just so I can see what’s going on inside the box. This means I can’t refute the claims in direct, validated-research ways. Yet.
That said, let’s take a look at this scam, er, technical revolution by examining the following areas:
**broken link removed**
The “Sniff Tests”
My dad used to tell me, “Son, if it smells too good to be true, then it is. Trust your nose.” That advice works here, and it’s the simplest, non-technical way to get at the heart of this matter. Let’s look at some of the assertions.

• An automotive-energy technology, overlooked by science and engineering research for decades, is found by a lone inventor, working in his garage.
Look at that carefully. Read it slowly a few times. Anybody want to take the over-under on that bet? If so, then I have some real estate we should discuss. I mean, really; there may have been a time in America when such a discovery could be made that way. I would even cede that small innovations are made by “loners” still today. But not something this big, this powerful. It’s like claiming a college kid solved the cold fusion principles. (Any such kid would already be out beyond Mars.)

• You can get up to 40% improvement in fuel economy from common water.
You have to squint one eye, close the other, and look this one over forwards and backwards. We’ll get to the thermodynamics and kinetics of this later on, but for now, I ask you: That much energy available from our faucets? Stand back when you wash the dishes!
If this innovation is real, why doesn’t everybody have one, on every gas-powered engine in their arsenal? It’s better than a license to print money, if true.
To close this portion of the refutation, uhh, investigation, I will note that a prize of $1 million (U.S.) has been offered for a proven demonstration. So far, no takers. If HHO worked as advertised, you can bet there would be a line of candidates slobbering to get at those bucks. Maybe the **broken link removed**; a million of them still approaches **broken link removed**.
I don’t mind crackpots and their mechanisms. After all, anyone with an idea is a nutcase until they’re proven right. The “water for gasoline” mountebanks should be shot on sight, however; they’re more dangerous than a crooked Senator…
Seeya Around the Ol’ (Overpriced) Gas Station!