Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+5v pulse to trigger 4013 Flip Flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaG

I'm using a RF reciever to try and toggle on/off a 4013 flip flop.
Do i need to take the +5v momentary pulse from the RF reciever and use a transistor to bump up the current to trigger the 4013?

I used the same power supply to power my RF Reciever and 4013 circuit. I simply connected the output pin of the RF Reciever to the input pin of the 4013 to try and use the RF Reciever to remotely toggle the 4013 on/off. This did not work. However if i take the +12 volts going into the 4013 @ pin 14 and tap it to the input pin, the 4013 functions properly.

What do i need to do? Can someone show me how to get a +5v pulse to trigger the 4013

below is the circuit i'm using for the 4013.
**broken link removed**

what kind of signal is used to transfer 'pulse'?
an audio signal such as 1-3kHz for example?
you should build bandpass filter with high gain
amplifier, rectify this audio signal and run it
through schmidt trigger. some of the stages can
be combined into one to simplify circuit or you can
use tone decoder chip.

Hi RaG,
On the other website you smoked the transistor you used to convert the 5V pulse to a 12V pulse. Hmmm, not here.
Just use the advice I gave you on how to connect two transistors cascaded to convert the voltages without an inversion.
Also as I said there, get rid of that very low value resistor and high value cap on the 4013's CLK input. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back