Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+5v Limiter Circuit - with Vin = 5V allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKandEKid

I want to make a protection circuit for my LCD i use for prototyping. It requires +5V and i use a powersupply to power it and i'm afraid one day i might have the voltage up to maybe +6V and i'll fry my LCD.

I'm considering using a 7805 but i didn't want to have to have a Vin of ~7 Volts i wanted to be able to have 5V but if i go above 5V have a circuit that limits the voltage.

I was looking back through my textbook and looking at a limiter circuit using a diode in parallel with the load will limit the voltage to .7V so i was thinking if i used 7 diodes in series .7 * 7 = 4.9V i could make a limiting circuit that way...

But it seemed sloppy and wondered what other people's idea's were.

Thanks,
Blake

Since existiert a device, - called zener diode - no need seven diodes for this purpose. Apply an 5.1V zener with serial 10ohm resistor for protection.

Attachments

• prot.GIF
    prot.GIF
    1.3 KB · Views: 456
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back