Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

556 time zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I am actually using this circuit to encode PWM to ir pulses using the 556 timer(unlike schematic)
So far I have the PWM circuit working, and am trying to attach my 2nd timer(40khz), but as i do that the PWM I/O periods cut in half, How do I correct this?

Attachments

• 555servo.jpg
    555servo.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 429
I am actually using this circuit to encode PWM to ir pulses using the 556 timer(unlike schematic)
So far I have the PWM circuit working, and am trying to attach my 2nd timer(40khz), but as i do that the PWM I/O periods cut in half, How do I correct this?

hi,
I dont see any difference between connected and not connected.???

LTspice Sim both options

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 191
IT worked on my simulator too, but i hardwired the PWM circuit (1-2ms/18-20ms) it works ok,, but when i activate the 40khz pulse circiut, that is when the pwm cuts in half

the only thing i did different was used a 556,,is that normal?

IT worked on my simulator too, but i hardwired the PWM circuit (1-2ms/18-20ms) it works ok,, but when i activate the 40khz pulse circiut, that is when the pwm cuts in half

the only thing i did different was used a 556,,is that normal?

On the actual circuit do you have power rail decoupling, say a 10uF and a 100nF cap.

Also try connecting a 10nF cap from the Vc control pins to 0V.

k, thnx, i was wondering about that, do I put all 3 of those across my 9v battery?

k, thnx, i was wondering about that, do I put all 3 of those across my 9v battery?

The 10uF and 100nF go close to the 556, the 10nF are from the 556's Vc pins 3 & 11 to 0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back