Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermit911

Hello everyone, I am new to the electronic field (small electronics) and need help making a circuit.

Short Story version:
Mom needs one of those flat strips of LED's to flash once every 30 seconds, the LED's are 12V 300mA. I can get a 12V 300mA wall plug from RadioShack, but I have no idea how to make the circuit. I just bought a breadbox and I'm itching to use it. :)

Thank you for all the help
Dave

The maximum output current of a 555 is 200mA. Make a very low frequency 555 oscillator and use its output to drive the base of a transistor through a current-limiting resistor and the transistor drives the strip of LEDs.

Does the strip of LEDs have built-in current-limiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back