Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Timing delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what makes the delayed 555 output pulse different than the alarm output pulse? The alarm output pulse can activate the starter relay just fine.

Could you please be any chance update the diagram for me? :eek:

And is my circuit broken now? Since it won't output anymore on 12v, even though it seems to work perfect with 5v?

The delayed output doesn't have the current drive capability of the initial alarm pulse.
The starter relay requires far more current than a 555 can deliver.

A revised diagram has been posted.

Its possible that you have blown the 2nd 555.

Hi Eric, thanks for the swift replies.

That scheme is something to break my leg over. Something I'll be having fun with.

I see now you want to use a relay to be able to activate my starter relay. I'll let you know if it works.

PS I just figured that the 555 output pulse would have enough current to close the relay. Excuse my noobness :p

hi,
The breadboard layout looks OK on that image.
Lets know how the final build goes.

**broken link removed**

So here's the final build :D I just tested it and it works. Phew.

Had some trouble first time around, but knowing this I prepped this little piece of board to save me a lot of time :)

Thanks man. Will probably mount this in my wiring soon. As soon as I waterproof the board (any tips?)

BTW is it OK to have the board directly to my battery? IE. it won't use a lot of current?

Last edited:
hi,
The current drain is quite small when the relay is not energised, I would always connect a project to a car battery via a fuse, say a 2A fuse, in the +V line.

Fuse in series with the D2 diode, close to the battery end of the +V wire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back